5.14.2008

Succulent garden fit for a Queen.



...Queen Mom - that is! Jen and I gave this beautiful succulent collection to Mom for Mother's Day. Isn't it grand?!

For all my Austin pals, this was created at a wonderful garden store called PlantEscape Gardens on South 1st Street. Owned by a mother and son -- it is definitely a new favorite nursery of mine. I helped create this arrangement from scratch -- hand selected the pot, all the plants and even the recycled glass that is sprinkled on top of the soil for an added artistic touch. I received close to an hour of individual customer service from the owner herself. Super nice.

You can also purchase living compost tea by the gallon...organic ingredients brewed from fungus, molasses and bat guano will delight the roots of your plants!

Go visit them. Let's support local Austin small business!





3 comments:

JeniLizi said...

sooooooooooooooo pretty!!

JeniLizi said...

sooooooooooo pretty!!

someofusarestrange said...

Is this the place they mentioned to us when we went for that site inspection? I LOVE it! I need to make one for MY Mom!
Katie