3.11.2008

bestest bd ever.



So...I had a birthday last Friday. And I have to say - my family, friends and co-workers made it uber uber special. Hubby showered me with gifts every day for 4 days leading up to the big day. The best part about that...it was TOTALLY his idea! And it was adorable to see how much he enjoyed doing that for me. Too, too cute for words.

My 'lil sis "birthday-ed" up my office at work on Wednesday. Complete with colorful polka dot confetti, bubbles and play dough. I loved it! She even brought me the hippest cupcakes in town...sold directly from an airstream camper on South Congress Avenue. Right on. And waaaay yummy! After she decorated my office, we went to have a drink on the patio at Hotel San Jose. We tried their famous "Michelada"...a mixed drink of Mexican beer and Bloody Mary-esque spices. Slurp, slurp. YUM.

On Thursday, my girl pals - Katie and Jami - took me for lunch at Ranch 616. I had their fried oyster sandwhich on foccacia bread. The oysters were soooo good. Then creme brulee for dessert. Thanks gals...y'all are the BEST!

Thursday evening when I arrived home from work, I had a special package on my front porch from my Mom and Dad. It was full of wonderful surprises. A really fun dress and cool sweater bought from a boutique in Aspen and an awesome silver cuff bracelet and earrings from a artisan store in Breckenridge, CO. I love my stuff, Mommy and Daddy! Muah!

On the morning of my birthday, I arrived at work to find a GORGEOUS flower arrangement created and arranged for me by my co-workers. It was super sweet! Katie gave me bag full of chocolate kisses and old fashioned candied necklaces and candy dots. :) How fun! And Ella thinks the idea of a necklace made of candy is about the coolest thing she's EVER seen. Ahhhh to be young.

Later in the day, Tiff's Treats were delivered to the office, courtesy of FG SQUARED in honor of my b-day. Double yum. As if that were not ENOUGH already...my co-workers then called a meeting in the conference room at 4pm to give me ANOTHER gift. OMG! Inside the adorably-wrapped box was a gift card to my absolute favorite store...Anthropologie. I still can't believe they did that!

The cherry on top was dinner that night with Neil and Ella at the Cheesecake Factory - complete with singing waiters.

I mean this, everybody...thank you thank you thank you for making this the bestest bd ever. It's one that I will never forget.

No comments: